Thursday 1 April 2010

Some ways for preventing spots

I have suffered with breakouts in the past as I didn't use any kind of skincare and my hair would often be covered in harsh chemicals that would cause spots around my hairline and I would often get them on my cheeks. I don't really suffer from breakouts now I only really get the occasional spot and I do put that down to the steps I take now to look after my skin.

First of all if you suffer from spots always keep your face clean by washing twice a day. This is especially important if you wear make up as this can clog up the pores and bring out spots. Some good products that I like to use are the Garnier Pure Range. I love their Pure Active Blackhead Scrub as I think that it leave my skin feeling smooth and my spots definitely decreased over a period of time using this product. To prevent over scrubbing your skin every other day use a cleanser such as the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Make-up Remover. After this you should follow up with a toner that has salicylic acid in it, I do like the Garnier Active Purifying Toner although I have heard good things about the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Triple Action Lotion you just need to find what works better for you. Now something that I think most people with oily skin avoid is a moisturiser this is absolutely necessary to improve the overall texture of your skin as if you have dry skin the oil glands will work more to replace the lost moisture resulting in yes you guessed it more spots. I think that the Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser is great as well as the Nivea Young Control Shine! Mattifying Gel Cream.

Next is the kind of products you use in general. Try not to use overpowering shampoos and conditioners as the chemicals will get on your face and can break you out. I currently use the TIGI Superstar shampoo and conditioner as this is sulfate free and won't irritate sensitive scalps or faces which can be a reason you are breaking out. I also love lush products as they are natural and don't contain horrible chemicals like most haircare on the high street. Also, liquid foundations can be a nightmare for spot prone skin as they often contain oil which isn't any good for an oily skin type. Oil free foundations include Revlon Colourstay Foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte, Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect foundation and Revlon Age Defying Foundation.

Some tips I'm sure you've all heard. Drink plenty of water. Don't overscrub your skin it can cause irritation and more spots. Don't touch your face as any oils on your fingers will transfer to the skin. If these tips don't work go to your doctor as you can ask for over the counter creams which will help tone down acne. Please make sure you always remove make-up before going to bed as it can cause spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment