Wednesday 24 March 2010

Review: Avon Supershock Macara

Supershock mascara retails from Avon for £8.00 although Avon often have buy one get one free sales among other sales where you will get this at a much cheaper price. Avon claims that this has a thickening base coat that will leave you with volumised lashes.

I have repurchased this mascara twice. Which to be honest is very rare as often I will use a mascara until it has dried out and then go to the next one, this isn't to say that they are good but I like to experiment. I have to say Supershock is probably one of my favorite mascaras ever. For around two years I didn't use anything but this. It gives a nice volumised look during the daytime but at night it can be amped up to look like false eyelashes.

The wand of this brush is very large and the bristles are quite small but the brush picks up just enough product to coat lashes evenly. The only problem with the large brush is that getting the lashes in the corners can be quite hard to do without smudging eye-make up.

I did also purchase this mascara in Intense Violet. However, the purple didn't any payout, but as it was purple it did make the whites of my eyes brighter which is good if you find your eyes can look a little yellow.

Overall, this is a great mascara that gives a false eyelash look when built up and looks fantastic throughout the day without dropping around the undereye area. I don't this this product everyday like I used to as right now I'm addicted to the L'Oreal Telescopic but for me the Avon SuperShock mascara is one of the best volumising mascaras on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment