Saturday 6 March 2010

Face of the week: Golden Goddess Cheeks

To be honest I never really used to bother with my cheeks as I have high redness in my cheeks as it is and I didn't really want to add to this. However, now i realise that if you use the right blush it can actually help to hide the redness and instead give a nice pinch of colour and lift the whole appearance of you face. The products I used on my cheeks for this look were the NYC color (American product, American spelling) wheel mosaic face powder in pink cheek glow, Revlon Colourstay Foundation in 150 Buff (mine is the one for oily-combination skin), MeMeMe Beat the Blues in Sun Glow, MeMeMe undereye bright and light concealer in 02 and lastly YBF Yellow Pressed Powder

Firstly, we need to use a good foundation for this make up look I used Revlon Colourstay and used a sponge applicator that I'd slightly wet to make the make-up slightly easier to apply and to lighten the heavy coverage a little. Next use the NYC colour wheel in Pink Cheek Glow on the apples of the cheeks and slightly bring it up to the hairline. To apply the blush I used the elegant touch fluffy brush as the hair is not densely packed so I don't have to worry about picking up too much product. Next we are going to use the Beat the Blues by MeMeMe. Dot the product above your cheekbone all the way from the hairline to the apple of the cheek. Blend this in well, this will give the dewy glow that we are going for. To set the products use the YBF yellow pressed powder, this will help to bring down some of the blush colour to give the cheeks more of a pinky pinched look. By using a pressed powder your make-up should last all day making this look perfect for when you need make-up all day and not just for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment