Saturday 6 March 2010

Review: Neutrogena Wave



Please note that with all skincare products how they work on myself may differ to the kinds of results you get.
The Neutrogena Wave comes with 2 weeks worth of pads (I will only use this every other day so for me that will be a months worth). It also comes with a battery to power the little machine. I paid £4.99 for mine refills vary from £3.99 to around £5.00. On the back of the box it has full instructions on how to use the product.
I have always considered myself to have quite good skin. I never really suffer from breakouts and when I do they are normally gone within a week. During the winter my skin is very dry around my mouth and cheeks and oily on my t-zone. However, now that it is spring and it isn't quite as cold as it has been my skin has gone back to being combination-oily. I do have quite a strict skin care regime as there is nothing worse then getting a spot. However, even with all the different products I use I still notice that the surface of my skin especially my cheeks and neck is quite bumpy. You wouldn't really notice this to look at my skin but to touch there are bumps. Therefore, I was quite curious about the Neutrogena Wave. My way of thinking is that if it is vibrating on these bumps it might bring whatever bacteria is in the bumps to the surface.

I was in my local Superdrug and I finally decided to take the plunge. Before using I removed all my make-up with a wipe and I didn't want it to clean off my make-up I wanted it to clean my skin. The feeling on the skin is quite strange it feels as though it is giving the pores a good deep clean. Afterwards the bumps on my skin had reduced greatly. I'm not saying that they disappeared completely but they were definitely reduced. The surface of my skin now is very smooth. Also, it didn't promise to reduce the look of pores the ones on my cheeks have all but vanished making foundation application easy.

To use stick a pad onto the machine and then turn on the machine whilst holding it under a running tap. Then what I did was run it in rings all over my face, concentrating especially on oily areas such as the T-Zone, or problem areas such as where you get unevenness.

I would recommend this to anyone who suffers with spots. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone with dry on sensitive skin and I do have quite a sensitive patch of skin right next to my mouth and I could see this irritating it. I would say if you have no skin care regime you would love this product as it will leave your skin so smooth. If you do have a good skin care regime but were maybe suffering from the same problems as me I could also see you benefitting from this. The only thing I wish was different was the colour as I am not the biggest fan of pink, maybe a jade green lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment