Saturday 6 March 2010

Face of the week: Golden Goddess Eyes

The following are all of the products we are going to be using. These are all of the products I used on my face and eyes.
As for brushes we are going to be using two: of of these being a large fluffy brush (mine is from Elegant Touch) the other is the sponge applicator that comes with all eyeshadow. That's right no professional eyeshadow from MAC we are going to do all eyeshadow work like contouring with our fingers and sponge applicators. In this tutorial I am only going to be showing you how to do the eyes. In the next tutorial I will show you how to get the glowy cheek that I am wearing also.
Here is what I look like before and after the make-up. I have no make-up on in the photo on the above and you can the massive difference the make-up has made to my face.
First of all what you want is to apply a eyeshadow base. For a cheaper alternative to Urban Decay Primer Potion what I used is the No7 brighten eyeshadow primer. Or if you don't want to buy a separate eyeshadow base just use some concealer. Next what you want to do is apply a light gold colour (3rd from right top row) all over the lid don't go up to the eyebrow just keep the colour concentrated on the lid. All of the eyeshadow I used was from this Sleek Palette. Next apply a darkish brown colour (2nd from right on the bottom row). Apply this colour on the crease especially focusing on the outer corner. Then blend these colours together with your index finger. Don't blend so that the colour is washed away just enough to get rid of any harsh lines. Next apply a shimmery dark brown (1st on the left on the bottom row), just apply a very small amount of this, by doing this it will help to give your eye shape much more definition. Then as a highlight use the colour second from left on the top row. Use this just on the inside corner.

As we didn't use the gold as a colour wash all over the eyelid we need to use a very light highlight. What I used was the MeMeMe Beat the Blues in 01 Sun Dream. use this from the gold colour all the way up to the eyebrow. This will give you a beautiful shimmer effect when it catches the light. On my eyebrows I used the YBF eyebrow pencil from QVC I only wanted a little definition to lift the shape of my face. Finally apply lashings of mascara, I used the Telescopic Clean Definition by L'Oreal.

I only wanted this look to be quite light for day time and perfect for the upcoming hot weather. If you want to make it more suitable for nighttime use an eyeliner in the waterline and close to the upper lashes. A good pencil eyeliner is the Avon GlimmerSticks in Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment