Wednesday 3 March 2010

My Haircare Routine

I have tried a lot of haircare routines as I find it very difficult to control my frizz prone hair. This is a picture of how my hair looks on a day to day basis. Since the photo was taken my hair has grown a little but it is still in the same style. The following are the products I use every other day as I don't shampoo every day.

Firstly I use the Tigi Bed Head Shampoo and Conditioner for Thick Massive Hair. Does it give me thick massive hair no but I love the feeling it gives my hair and my hair always seems to have a bit more bounce when I use these products. I have to admit these products are quite expensive but for me they work and I am willing to spend. I bought my shampoo and conditioner together for £20, they are 750ml each and to be honest this is no exaggeration but they will probably last me a year. I got them a bit cheaper than they should be because I got them from the Clothes Show which is an annual event near my home in Birmingham. If your hair dry I would definitely recommend the Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and Conditioner as I always use them when I feel as though my hair needs a little TLC.

After shampooing and conditioning I then use my Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray. This is quite a new addition to my haircare routine. I noticed that I'd been getting a lot of split ends recently which is something that I never get. For some reason I have never gotten along with Tresemme products they seem to make my hair either greasy or dry. However, whilst stay in over at a friends she shampooed my hair with the Tresemme Salon Silk and my hair didn't react to bad so after all of my friends recommended this heat defence I thought I would give it a go. To be honest the main reason I tried it was because it was on sale, but I'm glad I did I have not had any split ends since using this. I'm not saying to mends split ends I'm saying that if you get a lot of them get a trim and them use this as it can help prevent them.

I then use the John Frieda Straightening Potion. I have used this for about 3 years now, and I like it a lot. I didn't really appreciate until I stopped using it and my hair was so hard to straighten. I would recommend it for those how blow dry their hair straight as I think that this helps to smooth down flyaways.

My last product is the John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum. Again love this product, I can't use a lot of serums as they tend to weigh my hair down but I find this to be a wonder product. I'm not going to lie my hair is still a bit fluffy after blow drying but i don't have any frizzies after straightening and I think that this is down to this serum.

After this I blow dry my hair depending upon how straight I want my hair I use either a paddle brush or a large round brush. I use a small round brush to get my layers around my face. The hairdryer I use is the Tresemme Phillips Salon Smooth. I then section off my hair and straighten my hair with GHD's. I have used cheaper brands but for me nothing is like GHD. I only use them for straightening because although I have had mine for 3 years I still can't get the hang of curling with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment