Saturday 6 March 2010

Review: Revlon Colourstay (Combination/Oily)



Revlon claims that this foundation will look fresh for up to 16hours and will feel as though you aren't wearing any foundation at all. I never regularly wear make-up for a long period of time as I apply it at 7:00am and don't take it off until around 10:30, so I definitely gave this a good text drive. I think it holds up very well and although it had worn away a little by 10:30 I still had a little coverage. It also claims to be medium to high coverage and is specially formulated to keep oiliness and shine at bay for the duration of wearing it. What I love about this product is that even when it has worn away it still give the skin an almost flawless look as shine is kept at bay without leaving the skin looking dull. The price is £11.99 (although it can often be found for much cheaper) for 30 ml of product.

I apply this product using a damp make-up sponge. I use it damp as the coverage of this foundation is very high. Also, the Colourstay foundation is notorious for being hard to work with and blend. However, even when I use this foundation without a wet sponge I still find it pretty easy to use. What I recommend is only getting a small amount of product and working with one area of the face at a time. Don't, like you would with other foundations, dot this around the face and then blend. This will not work as this foundation is very quick drying and so the dots will dry and you will look very strange as once this is dry you won't be able to blend it.

Overall, I think that this foundation is probably one of the best on the market. It is often compared to the MAC Studio Fix and although I have never tried this product I can definitely see why this foundation is always getting excellent things said about it. Revlon makes some of the best foundations from all drugstore brands it is a brand I would recommend to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant blog. Pictures very creative. I am very interested in beauty products and your comments are very helpful. I am following your advice on which products are the best to buy and will follow your blog religiously. Please can you do a review on the sleek palette you used in your golden goddess look.

    ReplyDelete